Thinking About Quitting
Welcome VA Veterans!
The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) are collaborating to provide VA Veterans enrolled for care in the VA health care system with comprehensive tobacco cessation support. Through the website, you can access proven quit techniques and tools to help you quit and stay tobacco-free.
- Live chat with a tobacco quit coach. Quit coaches are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day to answer your questions about quitting smoking and chewing tobacco and ways to stay quit. Please indicate that you are a Veteran enrolled in the VA health care system.
- Talk to your VA health care provider about how to quit smoking, including getting medication to improve your chances of quitting and a referral to a VA smoking cessation clinic. Visit the Locate Support section to find the nearest VA health care facility.
- Enroll in Train2Quit, a confidential, interactive system that can double your chances of successfully quitting. Train2Quit offers self-assessment questionnaires, a custom quit plan with a calendar to track progress, and tips on how to beat cravings, overcome weight gain, and cope with the effects of nicotine withdrawal.
- Get the answers to frequently asked questions about how to get help to quit tobacco, what it means to be a Veteran enrolled for care in the VA health care system, and much more!
- Get support for staying tobacco-free, connect with others who are quitting, and receive important tobacco-related news. Find us on Facebook
To learn more about enrolling for VA health care benefits, visit: http://www4.va.gov/healtheligibility/eligibility/enrollment.asp.
To learn more about health benefits for all enrolled Veterans visit: http://www4.va.gov/healtheligibility/coveredservices/StandardBenefits.asp.